Wednesday, April 16, 2008

One of my fave bottom drawer ideas.

It would never run due to copyright issues. And, besides, it's too out of date now. But it was for Carling Live. A website that offered you the chance to "get closer to the music." We presented it to the client. But, alas, no dice. Carling branded letter and outer envelope. Nothing else but the letter.

Mr A.B Sample
1 Sample Road
Sample Town
Sample Shire
SS1 1SS

Dear Mr Sample

I meant to write you sooner but I just been busy. You said your girlfriend's pregnant now, how far along is she?

Look, I'm really flattered you would call your daughter that and here's an autograph for your brother - I wrote it on the Starter cap.

I'm sorry I didn't see you at the show, I musta missed you. Don't think I did that shit intentionally just to diss you. But what's this shit you said about you like to cut your wrists too? I say that shit just clowning dog, c'mon - how fucked up is you?

You got some issues Mr Sample, I think you need some counseling to help your ass from bouncing off the walls when you get down some.

And what's this shit about us meant to be together? That type of shit'll make me not want us to meet each other.

I really think you and your girlfriend need each other, or maybe you just need to treat her better. I hope you get to read this letter, I just hope it reaches you in time before you hurt yourself.

I think that you'll be doin just fine if you relax a little, I'm glad I inspire you but, Mr Sample, why are you so mad? Try to understand, that I do want you as a fan. I just don't want you to do some crazy shit.

I seen this one shit on the news a couple weeks ago that made me sick. Some dude was drunk and drove his car over a bridge and had his girlfriend in the trunk, and she was pregnant with his kid and in the car they found a tape, but they didn't say who it was to.

Come to think about, his name was.. it was you

Damn!

[signature]

Name
Position

PS - Get closer to the music at www.carlinglive.com.

1 comment:

Davey said...

always liked that letter.

you'd have had the arse sued off you.