Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Spend the afternoon with a genius

I was going to post about the Government trying to stop companies getting access to the electoral register and how it will lead to more unsolicited mail rather than less.

I was going to question why people give such a fuck about unsolicited mail.

I was going to say how the BBC using pejorative terms such as "junk mail" is against their ethos of unbiased reportage. I do not pay my license fee to have my livelihood criticised.

And then I realised that I was guilty of the cardinal sin: namely, TAKING DM SERIOUSLY.

So instead, if you're quiet at work, why not enjoy one of the greatest geniuses of the last century talking about his life and his pursuit of ideas. This is a man who on the one hand had equity in the destruction of Hiroshima but, on the other ,helped us make more (or less) sense of the universe we live in.

Ladies and gentlemen, let us bask in the presence of a genius - a real one (not one of those M&C Saatchi pretend ones). For once let us ignore the daily banalities that put food on our table and celebrate the capabilities of mankind.

Richard Feynman:

"When you doubt and ask, it gets a little harder to believe"



Part 2



Part 3



Part 4



Part 5



Intelligent stuff.

Nearly as clever as that fucking fuzzy felt mailing.

No comments: