Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Mailing bills.

I'm never paying a bill again.

I'm going to claim that I thought it was junk mail and threw it in the bin. And that I had no way of telling that it was something I had to open. Readers' Digest tell me they have "important information" enclosed. Therefore, everyone who mails me can get to fuck. I refuse to open the envelopes. It may be Oxfam...it may be Council Tax. I have no way of telling.

Would this land me in trouble?

Are we legally obliged to open all of our mail?

Has anyone ever used this excuse to the authorities before?

1 comment:

Davey said...

I'd say if you ever payed a bill that arrived in the post then you don't really have an argument. I think the bill sender might site your previous payment as your agreement to settle bills in this manner.

As your lawyer Bob i have to advise you to open all your mail including the readers digest letter, after all YOU could have WON a holiday or one of FIFTY other prizes.