Monday, July 7, 2008

Falling in love again.

I've been spending most of my time working on websites of late.

I'm finding it infinitely more fun than mail. So much more of a challenge. So much more opportunity to actually earn your money.

There's the rich media components - which are the equivalent of tv ads with their scripts, directors, concepts, and shoots etc.

There's the HTML stuff. Which is your standard (copy)writing job. Information well told and made accessible.

There's the SEO stuff. Which is where your flogging skills and wordsmithery come to the fore.

And then there's the design. Which, while not the copywriter's job, is so closely related to your work that it reminds me of the the wonderful interplay between words and pics that you used to get in press and poster ads.

It's all the things I like about work rolled into one.

It's also good to know that words are a crucial component of most interfaces, so to be a copywriter has a professional relevance again. If a website has to be 'built', then we are the plasters and the decorators.

Websites are fucking boss.

And you can't throw them in the bin.

1 comment:

Mr. Happy said...

I so wish I had your passion for online. I know it’s the future and all that, but it just bores my shitless.