Monday, October 13, 2008

Dave Trott

I love Dave Trott. I think he's one of the industry greats

He has a blog on his agency's website.

I think it should be on the curriculum for everyone vaguely connected with any business.

Here, he talks of planners:

http://cstadvertising.com/blog/2008/10/10/what-went-wrong/

And I agree with him. It's a good blog though. Definitely worth a daily view. It will give you a competivive edge

(Sorry for the lack of posts lately. I've been on the 70 hour week train_)

2 comments:

Hunter said...

He is a good blogger IMHO, but I disagree with his views on planning. Certainly how I see planning.

Which is: to give clients the confident crutch of a logical argument that makes sense, for them, of the intuitive leap.

The intuitive leap is the main bit. Whether I make it, or whether I give creatives what they need to make it, doesn't bother me.

I used to work for a planner called Max who said of planning: it's about having a hunch and then working out how to make it plausible.

Rob said...

brilliant

and when did max DO this.